Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new I Phone X camera is stuck in portrait mode and will not rotate

I phone x stuck in portrait mode will not rotate

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 6:38 AM

Do other things rotate? If they don't, you may have orientation lock enabled. Swipe down from the top right hand corner of your phone screen. If the box with the lock in it is red, your orientation is locked. Tap the button and it will unlock.

If that's not the issue, reboot your phone:

Press and quickly release the volume up button

Press and quickly release the volume down button

Press and keep holding (hold past swipe to shut down) the power button until the Apple Logo appears, then let go

Your phone will restart and hopefully, photos will rotate again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2018 6:38 AM in response to PeterB1958

Do other things rotate? If they don't, you may have orientation lock enabled. Swipe down from the top right hand corner of your phone screen. If the box with the lock in it is red, your orientation is locked. Tap the button and it will unlock.

If that's not the issue, reboot your phone:

Press and quickly release the volume up button

Press and quickly release the volume down button

Press and keep holding (hold past swipe to shut down) the power button until the Apple Logo appears, then let go

Your phone will restart and hopefully, photos will rotate again.

Sep 16, 2018 6:37 AM in response to PeterB1958

Hi,

You could have screen rotation lock on, but this is most likely not the case. I think you should try turning your iPhone off and back on again (hold the power button until the phone switches off and then hold the power button until you see the Apple logo).

If that doesn't fix the issue, you should book an appointment at the Apple Store (Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple).

My brand new I Phone X camera is stuck in portrait mode and will not rotate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.