Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Albums

Is it possible to sync photo albums stored in Photos on my macbook with my iPhone using iCloud and not using iTunes?

I have tried turning on all the various options on both devices but can't get the albums to show up on my iPhone.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 11:48 AM

Are you using iCloud Photo Library? Have you allowed enough time for the sync to finish?

Photo Library

Photo Library - Get help with your iCloud

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2018 11:48 AM in response to jamesfromguernsey

Are you using iCloud Photo Library? Have you allowed enough time for the sync to finish?

Photo Library

Photo Library - Get help with your iCloud

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

iCloud Photo Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.