Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast was Rejcected, and I'm not sure it was Resubmitted

Hello,

Here is my rs feed http://schoolcounselorgonerogue.libsyn.com/rss

My initial submission was rejected with a form email of a range of possible issues from artwork to censorship to crass content.

The only issue I could find was that 1) perhaps my angry pigeon tattoo that was included in my photo is copyrighted so I cropped that out or 2) the pixels were fine but the file was too large.

I struggled to resubmit and made some changes that allowed me to resubmit the RSS feed (supplied above). It validated and allowed me to submit it. A message popped up saying "you will hear from iTunes shortly. However, there is no screenshot of the second submission. The only image is my previously rejected podcast.

I'm not certain that my resubmit went through because it doesn't appear on my podcasts wall with an update. Should it show up?

Screenshot: ⁨Podcasts Connect⁩

Any help would be appreciated. The music was purchased appropriately for my intro. If that needs to be noted what would be the proper phrasing and where should it go?

There is no explicit content and Google Play and Stitcher both took my episode.

Thank you!

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 11:30 PM

Podcasts Connect is still saying 'Prepared for submission', so it looks as if your submission didn't go through. Submit it again: you should get an email acknowledging this and if you try to validate it again you will be told it has already been submitted. If this doesn't happen report it to Podcasts Support. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2018 11:30 PM in response to marnip

Podcasts Connect is still saying 'Prepared for submission', so it looks as if your submission didn't go through. Submit it again: you should get an email acknowledging this and if you try to validate it again you will be told it has already been submitted. If this doesn't happen report it to Podcasts Support. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Sep 17, 2018 2:04 PM in response to marnip

Podcasts Connect is saying 'prepared for submission', meaning the feed is technically OK. Did you submit it but get a rejection email at a later stage? The only things I can see is that there is music at the beginning of your episode - actually I suspect you made it yourself but possibly the staff are concerned you are using copyright music. If it's your own copyright it might be wise to say so in the description.

Your image is the right size but has an Alpha channel - I'm not sure whether this is permitted, but I should flatten it if I were you.

I'm assuming that you have no strong language, given the subject of your podcast.

Sep 17, 2018 2:58 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hello Roger,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I added the note about the music into my description right now so that should be ok.

Where are you seeing 'prepared for submission'? I don't see it any where on my account.e

I submitted it once and it was rejected.

I tried to resubmit and it told me that I couldn't submit the same link.

I googled and came across the idea of changing the description to generate a new link and was able to validate it on podcast connect and get the pop up that said it was in review. However, I never had a second podcast thumbnail appear to tell me what stage of review it was in.

I will have to Google alpha channel because I have no clue what that is:)

Podcast was Rejcected, and I'm not sure it was Resubmitted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.