Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Rejected-Not sure why?

My podcast was also rejected and trying to figure out why. I'm an OBGYN and sometimes we talk about SEX so have changed to explicit? Is that why? The RSS checks out on the publicly available checkers. Any input appreciated. It's working on Sound Cloud, Stitcher, etc. I purchased the music I used in the intro and outro, have a professional voice over artist who was paid, have releases from all the guests and the content is all my own. RSS is http://herbrillianthealthradio.libsyn.com/rss.

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 7:45 AM

12 replies

Sep 7, 2018 7:58 AM in response to drdunston

Podcasts Connect says your feed has been submitted, so I can't check the validation there. Is it the case that you successfully submitted, and were rejected by email at a later point? - that would be for content reasons.

Your 'itunes:explicit' tags are all set to "clean", meaning there is no strong or sexual language in the episodes concerned. This is really meant for swearing, of course, and I don't know whether the sort of discussion you are presenting would trigger this. Possibly it might do, if Apple feel that some listeners might be offended and so should be warned off. You could try changing all the tags (including the one in the top section before the first 'item' tag) to "yes".

As to the music, I would suggest working in a reference in the overall description (the 'itunes:summary' tag in the top section of the feed) to the fact that you own the music as Apple have no way of knowing this and may have assumed that you are using copyright music.

Sep 7, 2018 8:10 AM in response to drdunston

I can't advise on how you use Libsyn to add to the description - you should ask them. You do have a description, so presumably you can add to that in the same way you actually entered it. Just say something like 'the introductory music is owned by me' (I'm assuming that you actually purchased the rights to use the music, not just the recording itself - it does sound as if you've done that.)

You might want to consider shortening the title - it's very long (and so is the author tag, which appears in the Store after the categories) and I'm dubious that the Store will actually display all of it. I should put the subject sections in the description, and just limit the author tag to a single name.

Podcast Rejected-Not sure why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.