Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon eSIM

How do I get an eSIM from Verizon?

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 10:29 AM

20 replies

Sep 17, 2018 12:30 PM in response to askbarnabas

I have read that and still don't understand. Since I am buying a new XS will it come with my Verizon eSIM already on it, or do I need to obtain a QR code somehow (which was basically my original question), or do I need to do something with the VZW app? Will the nano-SIM slot be empty? Sorry for my confusion. I'm just not getting the level of detail I need in anything I've read.

Oct 6, 2018 9:15 PM in response to lawrencefromberlin

I spent a few hours on the phone with both Verizon and Apple. I have the iOS 12.1 beta and the functionality is there. Issue is, Verizon does not have the coding in their system to add the digital SIM IMEI number to an account on their side yet. When speaking with Apple, they did confirm that the eSIM functionality will not work right now with the iOS 12.1 beta, but will when the official 12.1 release is out. Looks like we will all have to wait until later this fall for that. Once Verizon is given the green light, you will be able to call in and provide you digital SIM IMEI number and they can activate the eSIM on your line. Not too sure about the QR code, I think it will come with the phone packaging on devices that are released with 12.1 already on it.

Nov 1, 2018 5:49 PM in response to deggie

It appears more than boardroom pressure may be required. I’m seeing reports suggesting Verizon can’t make eSIM work to an acceptable standard. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/10/31/18047890/iphone-dual-sim-supp ort-esim-tmobile-att-verizon-not-ready-i… and links in the article. I noticed one opinion suggest that VZ may delay rollout until we’ll after New Year, which hints at either a hardware update program or a shedload of software has to be upgraded somewhere in the system. They are of course blaming Apple, which seems illogical as other networks around the world are not reporting issues yet.

Verizon eSIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.