Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot iPhone Screen Time Passcode

I forget my screentime passcode, How can i recover it? what should i do now? i forget only screentime passcode not unlock screen or Face ID one.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 1:04 AM

This discussion will help, basically if forgotten you will need to Restore your device as new because the code is remembered in BackUp’s.

iOS 12 default Screen Time passcode?

55 replies

Oct 17, 2018 11:13 PM in response to Um3rJalil

I had the same issue with screentime requiring a passcode which I didn’t know. I have found a good article on how to find the passcode. It points to a website which will help you find passcode, it is not third party software that you have to down load. It worked for me! https://www.iphonelife.com/blog/5/tip-day-what-do-if-you-forget-your-restriction s-passcode#

Good luck!

May 21, 2019 11:37 PM in response to JaeNjojo

JaeNjojo wrote:

As far as i have found to be successful is 1) log into “find my iphone” on the same device having issues
2) locate your device
3) erase device
4) download any one of your backups

screen time password does not carry over

That shouldn't work and goes again Apple's advice as per this article.

Use Screen Time to prevent purchasing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This is the relevant section.

You could try a third party password recovery tool as suggested earlier but you will be putting a lot of trust in someone else's software and giving it access to all your "sensitive" BackUp data, although they do say nothing is actually transmitted!

Sep 18, 2018 6:38 AM in response to Um3rJalil

I haven’t enable ScreenTime yet, on the start-up screen after iOS12 rebooted I just skipped over that part and selected “Configure later”, or words to that affect. I hate configuring things on restarts because it’s prone to mistakes, much prefer to do it later when I can take my time about it.

If I had to guess, I would think the process is much like turning on your Device lock, if you enable it asks for a password, then asks you to confirm before finally enabling. Can’t you remember entering something at that start-up stage, even if you just pressed ”enter” key, if it’s locked now you must of set something up I would have thought.

Not sure what else to suggest, others might come along with ideas on how you can resolve.

ps. This discussion may help iOS 12 default Screen Time passcode?

Oct 21, 2018 10:40 AM in response to Kevincmen

If you simply don't remember the Restrictions Passcode you used previously, you'll have to restore your phone and not from backup. You can then bring your apps, photos, music, messages over after you've restored the phone. Again, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP.

This link will tell you how to restore from a forgotten passcode. There really is no other way around this: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Sep 18, 2018 7:15 AM in response to Um3rJalil

Um3rJalil wrote:

Yes yesterday i update to IOS12 and check screenTime but it need passcode. So i dont know what is the passcode for screentime.

You may not have forgotten ScreenTime code, from what they are saying in the other discussion if you had Restrictions enabled the iOS12 update carries over the same passcode to ScreenTime, so can you remember your old Restrictions code, if so try that.

ps. Sorry rbrylawski if this is what you are implying in the above link, I just saw same in other discussion and thought it might help.

Sep 18, 2018 7:22 AM in response to lobsterghost1

rbrylawski wrote:

...But I did have a Restrictions passcode set up on my iPhone X. I had to create a new passcode for ScreenTime when iOS12 loaded.

Another idea bites the dust then, I’ve just checked both my devices and never having had Restrictions set, I’m being asked to setup ScreenTime when going to that section, as one would expect.

Hope Um3rJalil can remember Restrictions code, like to see what happens when used.

Sep 19, 2018 3:01 PM in response to Um3rJalil

Um3rJalil wrote:

I dont think , ever set the restriction code. If i did, then don’t remember the Passcode. What i explore on the internet only one solution. Take the backup and then reset the phone. :( so sad. Hopefully there is another way to recover the passcode.

I'm going to make your day worse. If you restore from backup, the same issue will present itself as the passcode that you can't remember is included in the backup. Don't restore from backup. You're going to have to restore your phone as new and rebuild things over again.

Oct 7, 2018 6:15 AM in response to woollymel

Then you had a Restrictions Passcode setup on your iPad. Since you had a Restrictions passcode, when you updated to IOS 12, that is now the passcode for Screentime. If you didn't set up a restrictions passcode on your iPad, you likely set up your iPad when you got it from a backup of your iPhone at the time. The passcode is part of the backup.

Oct 21, 2018 11:05 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I had the same issue with screentime requiring a passcode which I didn’t know. I have found a good article on how to find the passcode. It points to a website which will help you find passcode, it is not third party software that you have to down load. It worked for me!

https://www.iphonelife.com/blog/5/tip-day-what-do-if-you-forget-your-restriction s-passcode#

Forgot iPhone Screen Time Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.