Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S Battery Drain IOS 12

IOS 12 draind battery a lot faster than IOS 11.4.1 is there any solution or can you downgrade back to IOS 11

Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 3:54 PM

Seems to be longer than 24 hours if that is the case.

Now my third day on ios12 and my 6s is still shockingly bad on power use. Unplugged it to drive to work and 11 minutes later with no use it is down to 95%. Just sitting on my desk it is flat within a few hours, quicker if I receive a call. Now have to carry the charger with me and plug in at every opportunity.

103 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2018 3:54 PM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Seems to be longer than 24 hours if that is the case.

Now my third day on ios12 and my 6s is still shockingly bad on power use. Unplugged it to drive to work and 11 minutes later with no use it is down to 95%. Just sitting on my desk it is flat within a few hours, quicker if I receive a call. Now have to carry the charger with me and plug in at every opportunity.

Sep 24, 2018 11:47 PM in response to hgopalan

Greetings, me too upgraded my Iphone 6s to IOs12 a week ago. The baterry drain increased significantly. Now I am all day on Low Power Mode only checking email couple times, reading couple newspaper articles and barely making until evening 6pm. Then I need to plug the phone. Just a week ago I could go all day without charge using maps, reading stuff, googling and still had 50% before putting the phone to charge for the night.

Nov 1, 2018 4:01 PM in response to flutor

(*see picture below)

I am sure there is something wrong! My battery just dropped from 35% to 1% while using messenger and listening music that was already downloaded on the phone, for about an hour.

But the weirdest thing is that at some point the battery just droped from 30% to 1% directly in one shot.

I took a screenshot as we can see it in the battery app.

But to add something else, the battery almost 50% in about 15 minutes when I charged it (can also see in the screenshot.

What is happening!! My phone was fine on ios10.3.3!!!

Apple, what is going on?

User uploaded file

Nov 9, 2018 7:07 PM in response to Jéms

After about one week on ios12.1 updated with a DFU restore, the battery is performing better than on ios12! I have no more dramatic drops in battery percentage as I was getting on ios12 or at the begining on ios12.1

My battery graphs are getting normal (not herratic as before). The battery is still not as great as before, but it is way better! It lasted 3 hours of youtube for 50% of the battery (on wifi).

However, I needed to turn off a lot of location, mail, background refresh and notofications features manually to be able to have a normal battery life.

In the picture below you can see a day of heavy use (youtube before dinner and after 3 pm a mix of google map gps, 3g safari, wifi facebook, etc)

I normally don’t use my phone that much in one day, so I think I am good.)

Good luck!

User uploaded file

Sep 19, 2018 8:58 AM in response to hgopalan

Hello hgopalan,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with battery life on your iPhone. To help resolve this issue, please follow steps from these resources, like optimizing settings and checking battery usage. Then restart your iPhone as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

iPhone Battery and Performance
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Nov 14, 2018 2:22 AM in response to hgopalan

I haven't updated to iOS12 yet (I came across this page while reading up to decide whether or not I should), but I had issues with poor battery after updating to iOS11 and discovered I could get a free battery replacement. Apple have been offering free battery replacements for some iPhone 6S phones due to unexpected shutdown issues (I didn't experience unexpected shutdown but it turned out my phone was eligible). I thought I'd share in case it was useful for anyone - you just have to enter your serial number on this page and if your phone is eligible then Apple will replace your battery for free: iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues - Apple Support I think you can also claim a refund if you've paid for a battery replacement. My battery was at 82% capacity before I got it replaced and it's made a huge difference.

Sep 29, 2018 3:43 AM in response to kimjk

I have an iphone 6s which has lost 40% of it's charge in 3 hours with hardly any use.

Background app refresh is off. This phone had better battery usage than my iphone 7 before upgrading to ios 12 but now the 7 is much better than the 6s despite having been used more (still at 90%)

There is definitely a problem with ios 12 and the 6s, absolutely no doubt about it!!!!

iPhone 6S Battery Drain IOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.