Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X poor call sound with bluetooth in car

I have bluetooth handsfree built in to my car (Audi A6) which was worked perfectly with both iPhone 5 and iPhone 6, the call sound quality was excellent. I got the iPhone X yesterday and the sound on phone calls is awful, really crackly with lots of interference. Can barely hear the caller on maximum car volume.

The car is still fine if I try the old phones.

This seems to have been an issue for a while now. Any solutions?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 8:30 AM

I have a TT mk3 and used an SE prior to the X, never had an issue with either, in fact the quality from X seems a little better, so I don’t believe it’s a hardware mismatch between systems that you are experiencing, more a setting mismatch.

You could try repairing by first selecting “Forget this Device” under the phones Bluetooth section (it’s the little i), but in addition also go into the Audi settings and remove any reference to you phone as well, just to make sure everything is cleared out.

I’ve also read it’s best to turn the Bluetooth audio fully up to max on the phone and then regulate the overall level via the cars volume control, if I had to guess I would think your issue is volume related so this might be the first thing to try.

Hope the above helps.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2018 8:30 AM in response to CiaraMcA

I have a TT mk3 and used an SE prior to the X, never had an issue with either, in fact the quality from X seems a little better, so I don’t believe it’s a hardware mismatch between systems that you are experiencing, more a setting mismatch.

You could try repairing by first selecting “Forget this Device” under the phones Bluetooth section (it’s the little i), but in addition also go into the Audi settings and remove any reference to you phone as well, just to make sure everything is cleared out.

I’ve also read it’s best to turn the Bluetooth audio fully up to max on the phone and then regulate the overall level via the cars volume control, if I had to guess I would think your issue is volume related so this might be the first thing to try.

Hope the above helps.

iPhone X poor call sound with bluetooth in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.