Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Malfunctioning between iPhone 6s & carkit Volvo V50

I have an iPhone 6s running iOS 12.1.3 and a 2011 Volvo V50 with Volvo's own bluetooth option. Since I have the iPhone 6s, I have always been able to use bluetooth without any problems my car.

This morning however my Bluetooth handsfree calling doesn't work anymore!

Here's what happens:

1) The car finds my iPhone and pairing works

2) Once paired, the address book syncs into the car

3) From the car menu I can see all my recent calls

4) I can initiate a call from the car, but as soon as the iPhone gets connected, the car acts as if idle- it doesn't see that my iPhone is in a call.

5) On the display of the iPhone I can select to use "My Car", "Speaker" or "iPhone" and if there I select "My Car" I still don't hear anything over the carkit. In fact I hear nothing at all.

6) I cannot hang up the call from my carkit, only from my phone.

What can I do to fix this (I do use my carkit intensively)?

iPhone 6s, 12

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 7:56 AM

It's possible the carkit is going bad. My son has a Mitsubishi Outlander and the Bluetooth connection no longer works at all. The person he bought it from said it stopped working over a year before he bought it.

The only thing I could suggest would be to completely remove it from your car and device and then try to pair it again from scratch. If that doesn't work then you'll probably need to talk to the dealer.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2019 7:56 AM in response to fabrizio_165

It's possible the carkit is going bad. My son has a Mitsubishi Outlander and the Bluetooth connection no longer works at all. The person he bought it from said it stopped working over a year before he bought it.

The only thing I could suggest would be to completely remove it from your car and device and then try to pair it again from scratch. If that doesn't work then you'll probably need to talk to the dealer.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car - Apple Support

Bluetooth Malfunctioning between iPhone 6s & carkit Volvo V50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.