Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot turn on screentime sharing for child

I have my children added to Family Sharing but cannot turn on the Screen Time sharing. I go to turn it on and it asks for my children's icloud account. Once I enter it, it says they have already been added. I have turned on Screen Time on my child's phone.

How do I turn on Screen Time for a child that is already added to Family Sharing.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 2:07 PM

I have this question as well, Ive set up the Child account on my family sharing. The child account shows up correctly, and the screen time is set up on the childs phone, and when I get on my phone and try to view theirs under family sharing, the screen time page is blank. Ive posted a picture of what it looks like when Im viewing the Screen Time page under my Family Sharing.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2018 2:07 PM in response to Overthrust

I have this question as well, Ive set up the Child account on my family sharing. The child account shows up correctly, and the screen time is set up on the childs phone, and when I get on my phone and try to view theirs under family sharing, the screen time page is blank. Ive posted a picture of what it looks like when Im viewing the Screen Time page under my Family Sharing.

User uploaded file

Sep 25, 2018 5:05 AM in response to Overthrust

Hi Overtrust, I had the same problem and fixed it. Kids were not showing up in Screen Time and iCloud Family Sharing Screen Time showed an empty page just like Feyded1020's screenshot.

Before iOS 12 my wife did not want to approve our kids requests for each and every game/app, so I switched off 'Parent/guardian' for her.

As a final resort I turned this switch back on in iOS 12 for my wife. All of a sudden the three kids show up on my iPhone in the Screen Time and iCloud Family Sharing page, which is thus no longer empty. And I can manage their screen time from my iPhone (instead of only their iPads).

I hope you have the same sort of parent/guardian glitch and this solution will help you. Kind regards.

Sep 24, 2018 3:24 PM in response to Overthrust

I've turned on Screen Time on my phone, and one two of my kid's phones. I can see one of them (the 14-year-old) and can control her settings from my phone. My 11-year-old, however, does not appear in the list of family devices despite being a family share member. There need to be clear instructions and a troubleshooting guide for this mess.

Sep 24, 2018 5:35 PM in response to barjan99

I turned it on in her phone, being sure to select "this is my child's iphone", then I turned it on on my phone and she showed up (which is how it is supposed to work). When I turned on the one for my 11-year-old, nothing happened. She did not show up in the family sharing section of screen time. What's the difference? I have no frickin' idea.

Cannot turn on screentime sharing for child

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.