Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad tab not in Boot Camp control panel

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a MacBook Air Mid-2012 13". I've installed the Boot Camp support software version 5.1.5621. When I am in Windows and go to Control Panel, System and Security, Boot Camp OR if I click on the Boot Camp icon in the lower right and choose Boot Camp control panel, neither options provide a "Trackpad" tab. Any suggestions? I currently can only left-click. No right click or scroll on track pad.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 7:12 PM

What worked:

1. Re-install Windows (from within OS X, remove the boot camp partition, use boot camp to download the windows support software to a USB drive, then make new partition).

2. The windows support software had the correct drivers but not the full setup.exe. So also download Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 to your USB drive. Replace the folder inside BootCamp5.1.5621 called "$WinPEDriver$" with the one (same name) Boot Camp downloaded in step 1.

3. Install windows. (if it restarts to complete the install and starts the install process over again, watch the install progress and unplug the USB drive when it restarts)

4. Open the BootCamp5.1.5621 folder > BootCamp > run setup.exe. Without following step 2 you get an error that "This version of boot camp is not intended for this computer." If you just force it using CMD and not step 2, then you run into the problem of this original post (no trackpad options, no right click available).

5. Click on the BootCamp icon (gray diamond) in the lower right tray, click on BootCamp control panel, (click Yes allow if it asks you), Trackpad tab, and make sure the two fingers secondary tap is checked and/or secondary click is checked.

6. Voila! Hopefully this helps someone else!!

Thanks all for your suggestions!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2018 7:12 PM in response to bmm5701

What worked:

1. Re-install Windows (from within OS X, remove the boot camp partition, use boot camp to download the windows support software to a USB drive, then make new partition).

2. The windows support software had the correct drivers but not the full setup.exe. So also download Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 to your USB drive. Replace the folder inside BootCamp5.1.5621 called "$WinPEDriver$" with the one (same name) Boot Camp downloaded in step 1.

3. Install windows. (if it restarts to complete the install and starts the install process over again, watch the install progress and unplug the USB drive when it restarts)

4. Open the BootCamp5.1.5621 folder > BootCamp > run setup.exe. Without following step 2 you get an error that "This version of boot camp is not intended for this computer." If you just force it using CMD and not step 2, then you run into the problem of this original post (no trackpad options, no right click available).

5. Click on the BootCamp icon (gray diamond) in the lower right tray, click on BootCamp control panel, (click Yes allow if it asks you), Trackpad tab, and make sure the two fingers secondary tap is checked and/or secondary click is checked.

6. Voila! Hopefully this helps someone else!!

Thanks all for your suggestions!

Trackpad tab not in Boot Camp control panel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.