Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to stop using iTunes Match

I have been using iTunes match for a number of years but I do not plan on renewing in November when it comes due. What is the proper method to stop using it? I have a separate copy of my Music apart from iTunes so I am comfortable there.

Once the subscription ends will the files be automatically deleted so that they do not take up storage space in cloud account?

I have multiple devices that I need to take into consideration, an iMac, macbook air, two iPads, an iPhone and a Windows 10 machine.

Any insight is appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 6:16 AM

As long as all of your content is stored locally you are good. Your purchase history will remain available in the cloud, the matched and uploaded content will not. Apple will look after deleting this content, which doesn't count against your iCloud storage limit. You should sign out of iCloud Music Library on each of your devices. You can go back to syncing content to your devices via USB. Cancel the automatic renewal now, or at least 24 hours before it is due.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2018 6:16 AM in response to sqrroot

As long as all of your content is stored locally you are good. Your purchase history will remain available in the cloud, the matched and uploaded content will not. Apple will look after deleting this content, which doesn't count against your iCloud storage limit. You should sign out of iCloud Music Library on each of your devices. You can go back to syncing content to your devices via USB. Cancel the automatic renewal now, or at least 24 hours before it is due.

tt2

Best way to stop using iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.