Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t get “save password” prompt on safari

I accidentally clicked “never for this website” when asked to save my login details and I cant figure out how to either get the prompt again or manually add them to my list. Is there a way to get the option to save my password again?

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 10:12 AM

keegan8888888,

No problem. I can actually help with doing this on your iPhone too. Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Website & App Passwords then tap the '+' icon in the upper-right hand corner, and you will be able to add the website address and password there.

Let me know if that helps.

Take care.
5 replies

Sep 20, 2018 6:41 AM in response to keegan8888888

Hello keegan8888888,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I love that my passwords are saved in Safari. I can help with this. You can add a password to the list if you need to. Just click on Safari in the menu bar, then Preferences, then the Passwords tab. Enter your login password and at the bottom, click Add and you'll be prompted to enter the web address and the password.

Safari Passwords preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Passwords preferences

Use Passwords preferences in Safari to view, add, or edit user names and passwords you saved for websites. To view these preferences, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Passwords.

To sort the website list, click a column heading. For example, to focus on websites with saved passwords, bring them to the top of the list by clicking the Password column heading. Click again to change the sort direction.

Add

Add websites, user names, and passwords to the AutoFill list. Safari can autofill your user name and password for any websites you add.

Hope this helps.

Can’t get “save password” prompt on safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.