Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on Mac displaying “Not Delivered” but message is being delivered

I've tried logging out and back into my Apple ID account on my Mac, but some (not all) messages are showing the red exclamation point and "Not Delivered", but when I go to the same thread on my phone the message shows up as delivered. I've also checked some of them with one of the people I was chatting with and they are being delivered.

This behavior started 2 months ago.

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 1:04 PM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2018 2:04 PM in response to peteraggs

Hey peteraggs,

I understand you're having some trouble with messages not being delivered. I always stay connected with family and friends by sending messages. I'd be happy to help.

In this situation, I'd use the steps below to get those sent:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you see a red exclamation point

If you try to send a message and you see User uploaded file with an alert that says Not Delivered, follow these steps:

1. Check your network connection.
  2. Tap User uploaded file, then tap Try Again.
  3. If you still can’t send the message, tap User uploaded file, then tap Send as Text Message. Messaging rates may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.

Cheers!

Messages on Mac displaying “Not Delivered” but message is being delivered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.