Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Webloc files relaunch Finder when selected in Column view

I recently updated to the latest Safari update (v12) on my iMac and I have an issue when I view webloc files in the Column view feature of Finder. If I select one of the files it immediately relaunches Finder which prevents me from opening or changing the permissions. The Finder also relaunches if I Quickview or try Get Info on the file. I can open the file by right-clicking in Icon view, however, it's not convenient to have to switch between these views.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and if there is a fix. I wish there was an easy way to revert back to a previous App, unfortunately I hadn't backed up for a week so this isn't an option.

Thanks for any help.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 5:59 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 21, 2018 12:52 AM in response to brofrombro

I also captured this log from Console (only the info that is relevant to the Finder crash). It may not be an issue with Safari and I'm not sure if this info helps at all? I just noticed the crashes started occurring after I updated Safari

Sep 21 16:42:11 usernames-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.Finder[506]): Service exited due to signal: Illegal instruction: 4 sent by exc handler[0]

Sep 21 16:42:11 usernames-iMac Finder[513]: assertion failed: 16G1510: libxpc.dylib + 74307 []: 0x89

Sep 21 16:42:11 usernames-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit

Sep 21 16:42:11 usernames-iMac ACCFinderSync[516]: couldn't build FinderToCoreSyncProtocol ptr +[CoreSyncConnectionHelper2 getDistant]

I also captured these crash logs too:

default16:42:50.920408 +1000kernelfailed to parse entitlements for ACCFinderSync[521]: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1
default16:42:50.997481 +1000FinderMacOS error: -67050

Webloc files relaunch Finder when selected in Column view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.