Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay and iOS 12

Since updating to iOS 12 on my iPhone X Apple Carplay (Pioneer SPH-DA120) has stopped working.

I've tried restarting my iPhone, checking all suggested apps and settings and also updated the firmware on the Pioneer device.

I also use a standard apple lightning cable.

Anyone else experiencing issues and how can i resolve please?

null-OTHER, iOS 12, Apple Carplay

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 4:20 PM

I spent a lot of time speaking with Apple today. It seems that CarPlay connects differently in iOS 12 than 11. In the old OS, you had to choose CarPlay from the app menu, at least in my new Subaru. In iOS 12 Carplay auto connects. But that didn’t happen until I went into Setting>General>Carplay removed or forgot the car listed. Then I reconnected it with cable chose the car, accepted start in lock screens and then it worked. I would recommend restarting your phone after resetting the car name. I’d love to know if that works for you. I have an iPhone 7 and am thinking of getting an Xs.If it won’t work, I won’t get one.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2018 4:20 PM in response to buddyfromhilliard

I spent a lot of time speaking with Apple today. It seems that CarPlay connects differently in iOS 12 than 11. In the old OS, you had to choose CarPlay from the app menu, at least in my new Subaru. In iOS 12 Carplay auto connects. But that didn’t happen until I went into Setting>General>Carplay removed or forgot the car listed. Then I reconnected it with cable chose the car, accepted start in lock screens and then it worked. I would recommend restarting your phone after resetting the car name. I’d love to know if that works for you. I have an iPhone 7 and am thinking of getting an Xs.If it won’t work, I won’t get one.

Oct 2, 2018 9:39 AM in response to drdapa

Yes, sometimes the car play does not connect. I have a 2019 Subaru Legacy. Since both iPhones (both running ios12) in our home have the same issue, I’m assuming it’s ios12. The cable is apple certified and I have switched cables and none will work. After turning off car for a while, it’s starts to work again. I have found no resulotion as yet. Does anyone know if car software needs and update?

Carplay and iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.