Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save Pages file as HTML?

In Word it is easy to save a .docx file as html (albeit fairly ugly html). I was hoping that Pages could do a better job of this.

I did find that this question was discussed in a 2012 thread but I'm hoping that there is new news on this front.

What is the 2018 recommended way to produce webpage HTML from Pages (or some other Apple-friendly app that can open a Word doc (.docx) and create a .htm file from it?

MBair, MBPro, Mini, iStuff

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 12:39 PM

No version of Pages created in the last 12 years can export to HTML. This is because Pages is not a Word clone, and is simply clueless about HTML/CSS syntax.

1. Export the Pages content to .docx. If there are images in the Pages document, then the export will create a new folder on the Destop containing the Word document and the image files.
  2. Open that .docx in TextEdit, and then option key + File menu : Save As… Web page (html).

Instead of step 2, you could open that .docx in LibreOffice Writer, and then File menu : Export… HTML/XHTML.

Both the TextEdit and LibreOffice approaches will provide the best fidelity html as seen in the .docx.

I purposely did not mention the Terminal-based textutil command-line tool as its conversion is far worse that TextEdit or LibreOffice Writer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2018 12:39 PM in response to keriah

No version of Pages created in the last 12 years can export to HTML. This is because Pages is not a Word clone, and is simply clueless about HTML/CSS syntax.

1. Export the Pages content to .docx. If there are images in the Pages document, then the export will create a new folder on the Destop containing the Word document and the image files.
  2. Open that .docx in TextEdit, and then option key + File menu : Save As… Web page (html).

Instead of step 2, you could open that .docx in LibreOffice Writer, and then File menu : Export… HTML/XHTML.

Both the TextEdit and LibreOffice approaches will provide the best fidelity html as seen in the .docx.

I purposely did not mention the Terminal-based textutil command-line tool as its conversion is far worse that TextEdit or LibreOffice Writer.

Save Pages file as HTML?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.