Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In the timeline it never displays the full duration of my project?

No matter what duration I set my project to be... It's always about 30ms or frames out!

For example, my project is 6 seconds, however, my timeline will only go up to 5s,29f...

So I can't edit the last 31 frames!

I've dragged the arrow on the timeline ruler, but it's stuck at 5s29f!

It will not budge, so again it won't let me edit the last 31 frames!?

It does this with every project or duration!

Why??

User uploaded file

Motion 5, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 12:03 AM

If your project is 6 seconds long and you have Frame Numbering starts from 0 set in Preferences > Time, then your frames will be numbered from 0 to 5s29 frames (in a 30fps project). The frame at 5s29 is the frame at the 6th second mark (if you follow me -- the number 0 is the 1st number in this counting scheme.)

User uploaded file

You can set this so that the first frame starts counting from 1 and the last will be 6s00 (in this example).

I can see where most people would want the count to start from 1, but it just drives me bats (I was a programmer for way too many years and the 1st number has always been 0 to me.) I'm used to it. It makes absolutely NO difference which version you choose, you still get the same number of frames in the project, so it's simply a personal preference.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 12:03 AM in response to Ningiszida

If your project is 6 seconds long and you have Frame Numbering starts from 0 set in Preferences > Time, then your frames will be numbered from 0 to 5s29 frames (in a 30fps project). The frame at 5s29 is the frame at the 6th second mark (if you follow me -- the number 0 is the 1st number in this counting scheme.)

User uploaded file

You can set this so that the first frame starts counting from 1 and the last will be 6s00 (in this example).

I can see where most people would want the count to start from 1, but it just drives me bats (I was a programmer for way too many years and the 1st number has always been 0 to me.) I'm used to it. It makes absolutely NO difference which version you choose, you still get the same number of frames in the project, so it's simply a personal preference.

In the timeline it never displays the full duration of my project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.