Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No subfolder push notifications for mail iOS 12

I receive notifications only from the inbox, but not from the subfolders.

Anyone having the same problem?

Does somebody know how to solve the problem?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 9:16 PM

The workaround is to add the sub-folder (for which you want notifications) as an additional mailbox like described below

Use mailboxes to organize emails on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

15 replies

Sep 28, 2018 7:21 PM in response to deb_t

the workaround is not working for me. That is my existing configuration for subfolder. I setup filters in my gmail so specified emails would be automatically directed to the specified subfolders (which are added as mailboxes in the Mail app). Before ios 12 the notification works perfectly for each subfolder/mailbox.

Sep 28, 2018 8:11 PM in response to naranjo_loino

the work around for Exchange (for now) is if you have rules set up to "move" emails to a subfolder is to uncheck it and make a new rule where you "copy" the email to the subfolder. Yes it will have the email in the main inbox and subfolder but at least you will get notifications until the fix which seems to be addressed in the beta test 8 or so.

Oct 9, 2018 9:44 PM in response to JumboJetLA747

Thanks JumboJetLA747 but I don't get a Favorites folder or a VIP folder even although I have dropped my mailbox and then recreated it. iPhone 7 upgrade to iOS 12. I have disable rules on all inbound mail that matters so everything I need comes into my Inbox which gets me by but is an ugly workaraound for the number of subfolders I have.

Dec 10, 2018 1:29 PM in response to naranjo_loino

Hi

It's me again. I updated the iOS to 12.1.1 on Sunday of hopes this issue was addressed. I started seeing duplicate email alerts vs single. While still early it seems that this issue has been resolved. I have deleted my old 'copy' rules and went back to 'move' and got notification just like before! YAY no more messy main inbox

So it seems Apple finally pushed this update. Love to hear from others if this now works for them.

As a side note it is interesting to see my responses above on several other help sites as a work around.

No subfolder push notifications for mail iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.