Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to add a family member with an iTunes account in another country?

I already changed my iTunes account twice because of moving to a different county. We have changed countries again I don't want to change iTunes country again because I've made considerable purchases. So I cannot change if I don't want to loose my purchases.

My wife started to use an iPhone recently and set the iTunes/App Store account to the country where we live now and has made purchases already.

When I try to add a family member it says that the country has to be the same... technically makes sense, in practice it doesn't!!

If there any workaround (without the need to change countries all the time!!!)???

Thanks

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 5:39 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 21, 2018 7:51 PM in response to Lamma Mac

You don't loose your purchases just because you change countries. Your purchases will disappear from the Purchased pane because the Purchased pane is country specific and only shows purchases that you have made in the current country's store. As long as you create a complete backup of all the purchases that you have made in a particular country, which Apple recommends all the time, before you change to a new country's store, then you will always have access to them. The issue is that if the developer updates that content, you won't be notified of the update and you won't be able to update if you hear about it, unless the developer also sells that content in your current store.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14;  Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12;  Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

how to add a family member with an iTunes account in another country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.