Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run AutoCAD, Google Sketchup and the Adobe Creative clound properly on a Mac Mini?

Hi,

I am an interior design student looking to make a purchase for a computer. I am currently running on a 13" MacBook Air and I am looking for a desktop where I can do my work more efficiently.

I am debating between a 21.5" iMac or a Mac Mini.. Would anyone be able to make a recommendation with some pros and cons if possible?

Thanks

Mac mini, Comparing with iMac

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 9:37 PM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2018 7:21 AM in response to magskashi

Get an Apple refurbished 27 inch iMac with 8 - 16 GB of RAM. If you get one with 8GB, get the 16GB RAM Update from Other World Computing for the specific 27 inch iMac. Or, if your University has a property disposal business unit, you may be able to pick up a used university iMac for peanuts. I just paid $500 USD for a late-2013 27 inch iMac with 8GB RAM and an internal 250GB SSD from my local university.

The memory access hatch on the back of the 27 inch iMac just pops off, revealing the four available slots.

Can I run AutoCAD, Google Sketchup and the Adobe Creative clound properly on a Mac Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.