Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging

i have my group names in the “to” box but there is no “message” box to type my message

iPhone 8, iOS 8.1.1, New phone

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 1:25 PM

Greetings nan316,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to send a group message with your iPhone as expected, as you mentioned you don't see a field to type your message.

Let's have you force the Messages app to close, restart your iPhone, and then test the issue. See those steps from the following guides: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch & Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how the provided suggestion works for you.

Kind regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2018 1:25 PM in response to nan316

Greetings nan316,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to send a group message with your iPhone as expected, as you mentioned you don't see a field to type your message.

Let's have you force the Messages app to close, restart your iPhone, and then test the issue. See those steps from the following guides: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch & Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how the provided suggestion works for you.

Kind regards.

Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.