Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID is locked every 48-50 hrs.

Every 48 - 50 hrs., my Apple ID gets locked and I have to reset my Password. I have a MacBook Pro(2015) and an iPhone X, and it happens at the same time on both devices. This has been going on now for more than 2 weeks, every 48 hrs. or so I have to unlock and reset my Apple ID Password.

Please help, thanks, in advance.

vcstrongusa

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Also iPhone X version iOS12

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 11:16 AM

Someone may be trying to sign into your Apple ID and is entering an incorrect password too many times.

You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2018 11:16 AM in response to vcstrongusa

Someone may be trying to sign into your Apple ID and is entering an incorrect password too many times.

You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID is locked every 48-50 hrs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.