Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 8.2 charting bug

I have noticed a serious charting bug in Keynote 8.2, the relative difference between columns is completely wacky. I have attached a chart that illustrates this. These percentages should be close, 79%, 81%, etc., but as you can see they do not reflect reality.

Hope this is fixed soon, this a major letdown for number presenters.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), 15-inch Mid 2017 3.1GHz i7 16GB/2TB

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2018 12:55 AM

There's also a bug with the hyperlinks. Change one and they all change. I've only tested this with links to other pages in the presentation and not external links, but that's bad enough.

I've told Apple about this but they seem to have ignored it.

Go back to Keynote 8.1 if you can and leave it open if you have auto update on so it doesn't update to the broken version. I keep a compressed version of 8.1 locally just in case.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2018 12:55 AM in response to Michael Tchong

There's also a bug with the hyperlinks. Change one and they all change. I've only tested this with links to other pages in the presentation and not external links, but that's bad enough.

I've told Apple about this but they seem to have ignored it.

Go back to Keynote 8.1 if you can and leave it open if you have auto update on so it doesn't update to the broken version. I keep a compressed version of 8.1 locally just in case.

Oct 15, 2018 9:36 PM in response to DomJMartin

Unfortunately, I don't use Time Machine. I back up with Carbon Copy Cloner but, like I said, just dragging the 8.1 app into the Applications folder causes nothing to happen on startup.

BTW, that cbarting bug was fixed by changing the bottom limit of the Y axis to zero instead of "Auto."

Now I'm waiting for Apple to fix another bug of the Picture Frame, or any frame, disappearing while a video plays.

Keynote 8.2 charting bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.