Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing issues iWatch to new iPhone

My iPhone keeps getting stuck on “iWatch software is up to date” after updating new iOS software, but it is not going further in the pairing process. The watch tells me to complete setup on phone, but the iPhone software update screen won’t let me navigate out of the “software is up to date” screen. I got a new iPhone a couple months ago and am just now pairing the watch with it (I lost a lot of data on the transfer from my old to new phone, and I wanted to keep the old data on the watch for awhile so I could read the text messages that were lost on the phone transfer). I have tried to reset and try pairing again a few times, but the same thing happens. Please help me on this, as I haven’t been able to find the appropriate advice when troubleshooting this problem. Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 3.1.3, iPhone 8, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 12:24 PM

Set up and pair - Apple Support

6 replies

Sep 23, 2018 12:29 PM in response to askbarnabas

Hi. Thanks for that information, but it actually doesn’t specifically pertain to my question (not sure why the response said “helpful”). My problem is with the last step in this process, where the iPhone is supposed to “finish set up”. My phone tells me it needs to update my watch, it does this, and tells me that “my watch 3.2.3, software is up to date” but won’t allow me to continue from that point. The only option on the screen is “Cancel” which cancels the pairing process and resets the watch to factory settings. It will not allow me to complete set up from that point. Thank you.

Pairing issues iWatch to new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.