Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Microphone not working in Logic Pro X

Hello,

I recently bought Logic Pro X and I've been trying to get my Airpods to work with it.

I can hear audio just fine, but the microphone isn't being detected. I can use the Airpods for anything else besides Logic. I tried playing with the Input/Output settings and I assume the correct way to have them is both on the Airpods.

When using the built in settings, audio is recording fine.

While I know using Airpods isn't the best for the recording because of the recording delay I've heard about, I'd still rather try this than having to plug in my old dirty iPhone 6 headphone.

Logic Pro X

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 3:23 PM

Well everything seems to be connected and alright, but there's no R button and it's not picking up any sign when connected with AirPods.

This is what it looks like with Airpods connected (and set the output built-in as you suggested)

User uploaded file

And this is how it looks with wired headphones plugged in

User uploaded file

It seems to be detecting them, it's just that it's not picking up any sound.

I'm thinking if it's maybe any system setting that could be preventing the sound from routing to Logic or smth but at this point I'm confused.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2018 3:23 PM in response to Radarhus

Well everything seems to be connected and alright, but there's no R button and it's not picking up any sign when connected with AirPods.

This is what it looks like with Airpods connected (and set the output built-in as you suggested)

User uploaded file

And this is how it looks with wired headphones plugged in

User uploaded file

It seems to be detecting them, it's just that it's not picking up any sound.

I'm thinking if it's maybe any system setting that could be preventing the sound from routing to Logic or smth but at this point I'm confused.

Sep 23, 2018 2:26 PM in response to Anderul

The name cracked me up 😀

So, what do you mean by "microphone isn't being detected"? Looks like Logic can detect it alright, since it shows up as an input device. What I'd suggest is set "Built-in Output" as output device and connect wired headphones to it (for monitoring, and to avoid feedback to AirPods). Leave "Daddy's AirPods" as input device.

Next step is to make sure you choose the correct input for an Audio Track you want to record on. Could you post a screenshot of the track's channel strip displayed in the Inspector. Like so:

User uploaded file

Sep 23, 2018 11:49 AM in response to Anderul

If it works with QT, it should work with Logic. Could you describe what settings you choose when trying to use Airpods as Input device in Logic's Preferences > Audio > Devices? It might be best to make and post a screenshot here.

By the way, it is not mandatory to set the same device as output and input in Logic when recording.

Airpods Microphone not working in Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.