Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch 4 audible taps?

My apple watch 3 was great for alerting me privately that I had calls or messages with an inaudible vibration.

I just received my new apple watch 4, and I only am able to receive audible taps, taps that anyone within several feet of me can hear.

This is disappointing, why would they change the vibrations that were almost totally private?

Am I doing something wrong? Are the vibrations gone? Bad move.

Watch Series 4 (GPS+Cellular) Alum 40mm, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 10:30 AM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2018 11:18 AM in response to pswilson1

Hello pswilson1.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you would like to adjust the settings on your Apple Watch to receive haptic taps instead of audible alerts. I will be glad to assist.

Take a look at the steps below from our article: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

User uploaded file

Change the strength of taps and vibrations

1. Put on your Apple Watch and unlock it. For the best haptic results, the back of your Apple Watch needs skin contact. Use a snug, but comfortable fit.
  2. Open the Settings app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Sounds & Haptics.
  4. Under Haptic Strength, tap User uploaded file to decrease haptic intensity or User uploaded file to increase it.
    User uploaded file

You can also adjust haptic alerts using your paired iPhone. Open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Sounds & Haptics. Under Haptic Strength, drag the slider to adjust the intensity of haptic notifications.

If you're wearing your Apple Watch and you don't feel a tap as you adjust the slider, contact Apple Support.

User uploaded file

Cheers.

Apple watch 4 audible taps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.