Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing iTunes update in App Store

Trying to update iPhone to IOS12 as iTunes is prompting me to, but the popup says I need to install the latest iTunes (iTunes 12.8), but there is No available update in App Store.
I have restarted the computer, and installed all available updates, including an iTunes update about 1 hr prior to this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 2:20 AM

You can update your device to iOS 12.0 over the air. Once you have done so you can use the following workaround to get iTunes to see your device.

Download the current 12.8 installer for iTunes from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/.

Unlock your iOS device and connect it to USB.

Install iTunes from the .dmg that you've downloaded.

Near the end of the installation it should announce that a further software update is required.

Install that and iTunes should see your devices.

Or wait for Apple to release iTunes 12.9 for Mac, which is likely to happen later today.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2018 2:20 AM in response to isakaappleaccount

You can update your device to iOS 12.0 over the air. Once you have done so you can use the following workaround to get iTunes to see your device.

Download the current 12.8 installer for iTunes from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/.

Unlock your iOS device and connect it to USB.

Install iTunes from the .dmg that you've downloaded.

Near the end of the installation it should announce that a further software update is required.

Install that and iTunes should see your devices.

Or wait for Apple to release iTunes 12.9 for Mac, which is likely to happen later today.

tt2

Missing iTunes update in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.