Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Web Player Charged Me $99

Dear kind and knowledgable people,

Today (24/09/18) I received an SMS from my bank saying i was charged $99. Further investigation revealed Apple Music Web Player was somehow authorised, today as well, to access my apple music account, which, i suspect, triggered the charge. When I login to iTunes it says I do not have any active subscriptions.

I would be very grateful if you could help return my hard earned cash back, for the service I never wished to sign up for.

Kind regards,

donChino123

iMac, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 4:38 AM

When I login to iTunes it says I do not have any active subscriptions.

This is indeed a recommended check. It could point to a scam. Verify the legitimacy of the SMS text, by going to your bank independently (don’t follow links in messages), and re-check there. Is it common for your bank to alert you of charges in such an insecure way?

See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support (Anything billed to your Apple ID should be listed there)

If you see 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If your Apple ID account has been compromised, then it is urgent to change your password as soon as possible.

If there is fraud with your bank account, without using your Apple ID, then you should alert your bank. There may be limited or zero liability in your terms and conditions, when reported swiftly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2018 4:38 AM in response to donChino123

When I login to iTunes it says I do not have any active subscriptions.

This is indeed a recommended check. It could point to a scam. Verify the legitimacy of the SMS text, by going to your bank independently (don’t follow links in messages), and re-check there. Is it common for your bank to alert you of charges in such an insecure way?

See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support (Anything billed to your Apple ID should be listed there)

If you see 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If your Apple ID account has been compromised, then it is urgent to change your password as soon as possible.

If there is fraud with your bank account, without using your Apple ID, then you should alert your bank. There may be limited or zero liability in your terms and conditions, when reported swiftly.

Apple Music Web Player Charged Me $99

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.