Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change Safari homepage in High Sierra

Good day ! I work a colleage and we have 25 iMac in this class, but the problem is we can't change the Safari Homepage in High Sierra 10.13.6. Can someone know what is the problem exactly ? All 25 iMac have the problem.

I also tried in diffrents users account and it's the same thing !

The field can be modified, but when I tried to ue google for exemple, th apple.com hompage is back as soon as I change field, or I use TAB to change.

thsnk you for your help !

hava a nice day !

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 8:44 AM

Please describe the method you are using to change the home page in detail. Remember we cannot see what you are doing? Also, do you have any antivirus, cleaning or any other third party "maintenance" apps installed?

3 replies

Sep 24, 2018 8:57 AM in response to Stingray_

See this article Set your homepage in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Make sure you have no adware in Mac , antivirus , third party softwares in your Mac , use Free Antivirus Replacement & Anti-Malware Tool | Malwarebytes

turn of safari extensions .

In user library see this article macOS Sierra: Library folder

Delete the contents of folders caches , cookies , saved application state , search a folder preferences - delete com.apple.Safari.plist into the trash , restart the Mac then set the home page again , enter the correct web link in search engine field ( you can manually type or create a new tab - use command and T keys , search the web link for google or yahoo services , select it ( command and A ) , copy it ( command and C ) , switch to the home page window and paste ( command and V) in search engine field .

Sep 24, 2018 10:51 AM in response to tygb

Ok, thak you for your responce ! Bu the way, I can set google (for exemple) in the field, but I can't use the botton " User the active page as" Nothing happen. And If I put "http://www.google.com" as soon as I leave the field, the apple.com comes back.

So I'll try those succestions before I post sonthing else ans thank you again ! I'll get back to you !

Can't change Safari homepage in High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.