Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upload videos to Twitter with Safari 12

I noticed that I suddenly couldn't upload videos to Twitter. For a while I thought it was a Twitter problem, but today I tried Firefox and Chrome, and had no problem with them. Then I realised it started when I upgraded to Safari 12 (OS 10.13.6). I have empty the cache on Safari but to no avail.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), MacBook Pro (2011) 16 gig RAM

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 6:13 AM

I went to an Apple store today and spoke to a tech guy, he reckons it's a webkit issue and that twitter haven't updated their website yet to work with safari 12, he thought it would be resolved in a couple of weeks, not much help to us on here though

Similar questions

14 replies

Sep 24, 2018 9:55 AM in response to Pastscapian

What happens when you try? Error message(s)?

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Sep 28, 2018 4:11 AM in response to Pastscapian

I am having the same problem, but I am already using Safari version 12 and OS 10.13.6. Twitter suddenly stopped allowing me to upload video, last video successfully uploaded was 16 September. On Safari it does nothing, the tweet box just remains blank. On Firefox the media window opens and you can crop the video, hit upload as normal and the upload bar appears, but at the end it gives a message saying it did not upload and to "try again later".

It would be good to find out what's going on and get this sorted.

Twitter support via direct message and on their feed @TwitterSupport are completely useless and don't even respond.

Can't upload videos to Twitter with Safari 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.