Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy iPhone XS Max from Hongkong, will it work in India? And does Hongkong model have actual dual sim or it is with esim?

If I buy iPhone XS Max from Hongkong, will it work in India? And does Hongkong model have actual dual sim or it is with esim?

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 8:59 PM

It should work in India if its unlocked.

Yes the Xs Max from Hong Kong does have dual physical sim slots and not an eSIM like the regular Xs.

Note that the warranty is not international, so if you have any issues with it, it will need to be taken back to Hong Kong for service and repair. And no, Apple does not take shipments from outside the country for service.

More details here: Using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2018 8:59 PM in response to Sandeepbhatia

It should work in India if its unlocked.

Yes the Xs Max from Hong Kong does have dual physical sim slots and not an eSIM like the regular Xs.

Note that the warranty is not international, so if you have any issues with it, it will need to be taken back to Hong Kong for service and repair. And no, Apple does not take shipments from outside the country for service.

More details here: Using Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards - Apple Support

Sep 25, 2018 7:51 AM in response to Sandeepbhatia

Sandeepbhatia wrote:

Thank you. And can you suggest the phone with esim will be better or with physical dual sim will be better?

Depends on where you plan to use it.

For the eSIM to work it needs to be supported by the carriers in the country you wish to use it in. eSIM support is still a bit limited, and so probably physical sims may be a better option for more universal support.

Find wireless carriers that support eSIM - Apple Support

DarkZer0 wrote:

so if i put my shopandship hong kong address, will apple cancel the order or will they ship it to my shipping company address no problems?

Unknown. Not sure Apple ships to shopandship addresses but you can try.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.