Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my alarm volume go down?

My alarm volume goes down almost all the way after it rings once. I just upgraded to the iPhone Max and didn't have this problem before running iOS 12 on iPhone 7+. Am I missing something in settings?

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 12:45 PM

Hi esteban249,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here. If I understand correctly, you're noticing the volume lowers on your alerts when the phone rings.

It sounds like you may have the Attention Aware featured enabled on your phone. If this is turned on, when looking at your device it will lower the sound.

Check out this article that walks you through disabling that feature. ​ About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or later

I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards.​
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2018 12:45 PM in response to esteban249

Hi esteban249,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here. If I understand correctly, you're noticing the volume lowers on your alerts when the phone rings.

It sounds like you may have the Attention Aware featured enabled on your phone. If this is turned on, when looking at your device it will lower the sound.

Check out this article that walks you through disabling that feature. ​ About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or later

I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards.​

Why does my alarm volume go down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.