Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12 Remove Apple ID

Hi,

Something on my iPhone 8 (ios 12) is asking for the password associated with an unknown apple id. How do I either a) delete the unknown apple id or b) delete what it is associated with?

Many thanks, Dave

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 9:34 PM

You are welcome.

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If the initial contact can’t help you, ask them to have someone who can help contact you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.
The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2018 9:34 PM in response to Kiwi_Parkie

You are welcome.

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If the initial contact can’t help you, ask them to have someone who can help contact you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.
The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.

Sep 24, 2018 2:41 PM in response to Kiwi_Parkie

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired.

Sep 24, 2018 6:57 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

Unfortunately my phone isn't showing any app updates needing to be done.

Under settings I have a red dot requiring the Apple Id password for the Apple ID I don't have the password for.

I've looked in the App Store and on iTunes on the PC but I can't see anything that shows which app was installed under what Apple Id. Any clues?

Thanks, Dave

iOS 12 Remove Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.