Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Install macOS Mojave, "damaged Core Storage Users".

i'm unable to install because the volume has "damaged Core Storage Users". What can I do?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 5:37 AM

just create a user like this https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25796?locale=en_US

Then enter to the appstore download mojave and thats it. next time you login, login to your regular user and you can delete the other user in system preferences. hope this helps :)

18 replies

Sep 25, 2018 2:07 AM in response to juli1031

You have to check your boot disk to see if it has damaged sectors or cells.

If your disk is damaged, you have to repair it before you can install a new MacOS.

Click Finder. Open Applications folder. open Utilities and click Disk utility.

Select your boot disk on the side bar and click First Aid. Check your disk. Follow on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Oct 27, 2018 7:18 PM in response to juli1031

FIXED

Fist check to see if our Fire Vault is turned on.

Go to:

Security & Privacy

Unlock and [Turn OFF Fire Vault]

System Reboot

Wait for decryption process to complete - takes a bit of time

After decryption process you can install Mojave.

After Mojave is loaded you can go back and [Turn ON Fire Vault] per your desired preferences.

Works perfectly fine without making other adminsitrtive accounts.

Oct 28, 2018 2:36 AM in response to jmorgan007

Thanks for the advice which worked a treat on my 14 month old MacBook Air . By the way its not a Fire Vault but a File Vault. Also at the end of the Mojave upgrade it invites you to turn on File Vault so you won't forget.

Why the Apple OS upgrade installation doesn't advise users to turn off File Vault to avoid the problem is very odd.

Unable to Install macOS Mojave, "damaged Core Storage Users".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.