Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Mojave Continuity issues

I am in the supported app in MacOs Mojave and trying to take a photo from my iPhone to the notes app and I am getting a could not import picture and iPhone device timeout. I have ios12 and also have hand off enabled on both Mac and iPhone X please advise? Also see the screenshot of the error on Mojave

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave (10.14), iPhone with ios12

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 7:24 AM

Hi,

I could not find the file too. There is a work around for finding it.

In finder menu bar select Go => Go to Folder or hit Shift + Command + G and type "/Library/Preferences/" without the "" and click enter.

Then you will find com.apple.Bluetooth.plist there. Delete it and reboot your system it will work. Enjoy.....

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2019 7:24 AM in response to izorwebid

Hi,

I could not find the file too. There is a work around for finding it.

In finder menu bar select Go => Go to Folder or hit Shift + Command + G and type "/Library/Preferences/" without the "" and click enter.

Then you will find com.apple.Bluetooth.plist there. Delete it and reboot your system it will work. Enjoy.....

Sep 27, 2018 10:37 AM in response to b3brett

I found a similar plist file under the ByHost folder. I deleted that, but it didn't fix my iPhone issue. Just an FYI.....This doesn't use WiFi at all. I just tested with my iPad with Wi-Fi off and it worked fine. It uses BlueTooth only. Wi-Fi is not a factor. In any case, everything is fine using my iPad but not my iPhone.

Sep 28, 2018 11:52 AM in response to IvoSvejcar

After the file deletion and the reboot I had to manually go in and delete all the zombie bluetooth devices that were in System Preferences... then went over to network and turned Wi-Fi off and then back on... and for some reason after all that it now works properly. 🙂

iPhone does not need to be unlocked for this feature to work... the Mac initiates and automatically loads the camera app.

Oct 19, 2018 11:47 AM in response to IvoSvejcar

Amazing workaround...It really helped

Initially only the ipad mini 4 12.0.1 was working with MBP mid 2015 Mojave while iphone X ios 12.0.1 was giving me the error message...

Did what IvoSvejcar suggested.

Before deleting the proposed file I made a copy it at the desktop and then deleted from the library.

Restarted my Mac and then the deleted bluetooth related file was recreated in the library. (obviously not the same one)

The ipad mini 4 and the iphone X could not connect to the bluetooth. The import from option initially disappeared from Mac. After a while the option restored but now both devices could not make import.

I replaced the new file in the library with the saved one and now both devices are working seamlessly...

Nov 13, 2018 11:30 AM in response to _abhi

I also had the same 'timed out' message. I discovered that even if your Mac is hard wired to your internet you must still turn the 'wifi' ON (using the icon in the top left menu bar and wait for it to connect). Your iPhone wifi must be ON & connected. Despite the Apple advice you do NOT need your iPhone bluetooth on as it will be using wifi. Turn on the iPhone camera. This worked for me.

Mac OS Mojave Continuity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.