Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AU Lab Not working on MacOS Mojave

Hello Everyone.

Since i got AU Lab in early 2018, i've been using sound flower 2ch to make my music sound better through my headphones. All was working well until i upgraded to MacOS Mojave and then i could hear nothing. Using the same settings and on the same Output device as last time, It was clear that no sound was being heard through my headphones and it didn't show that sound was coming out. In some cases it would say. Audio Engine Stopped.

I have tried reinstalling both AU Lab and sound flower but nothing has happened.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Any help would be appreciated in making sound come through my headphones again. Because i don't want to hear the plain boring audio on the normal audio setting. Just a point in the right direction

Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 2:16 PM

Update: I was able to make Au Lab show permission request, finally. I think the reason it didn't ask permission before was that it was somehow cached since I had Au Lab in my /Applications before updating to Mojave.

It did request permission when I downloaded new version from iTunes - Mastered for iTunes - Apple (CA), unzipped it right in my Downloads folder and launched it from there, without moving to /Applications folder. That's when it said it's an app downloaded from the internet are you sure bla bla and then when I created document it asked for permission.

After that you can delete Au Lab copy from Downloads and continue launching from /Applications — it'll work.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2018 2:16 PM in response to Callum8975

Update: I was able to make Au Lab show permission request, finally. I think the reason it didn't ask permission before was that it was somehow cached since I had Au Lab in my /Applications before updating to Mojave.

It did request permission when I downloaded new version from iTunes - Mastered for iTunes - Apple (CA), unzipped it right in my Downloads folder and launched it from there, without moving to /Applications folder. That's when it said it's an app downloaded from the internet are you sure bla bla and then when I created document it asked for permission.

After that you can delete Au Lab copy from Downloads and continue launching from /Applications — it'll work.

AU Lab Not working on MacOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.