Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Server App for Mojave?

Does anyone know when the new Server App 5.7 will come out for Mojave?

null-OTHER, macOS Mojave (10.14), Server App 5.7

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 7:29 AM

6 replies

Oct 2, 2018 7:44 PM in response to CGK_sys

so, if i have websites running don't install Mojave?

what are simple home (local) perpetual website ppl using going forward? do i just need a new guy or do i have to install Apache as well, or something? ie, is a Mojave upgrade going to wipeout services?

ok, i see the link. ok, either plug up an even older Mac running Server, probably totally unsafe, or... this machine near gets updated.

i get that they're, after all these years, dumping keeping this uptodate for us.

i really need ONE machine, Apple, not two. i can't keep that all stuff uptodate. the rest is mobile. hmmm.

Oct 10, 2018 2:39 AM in response to tweets365

So I did an upgrade to Mohave. I upgraded from High Sierra, with the previous Server.app.

Everything still works (Remote Desktop/iTeleport/FileBrowser/ etc), except: all I want to do is restart apache, I guess.

The installation left my /Library/WebServer/Documents/(mysite) with all my documents intact.

(my pages are not being served from a user dir.)

I also, not sure it's relevant?, I upgraded the Server.app... which has no web controls, afaict.

So can anyone tell me what I need to do to have my website back up? I do not have a domain name other than one I use from No-Ip . com (remember the great dyn dns?...) which I've been using for years! However, nowadays, my IP doesn't change much, if at all, so.

I made some edits in etc/apache2 or whatever to the httpd.conf.

And of course I "sudo apachectl start" (restart) a bunch.

When I use a browser for http localhost, I do not get what one of the online tutorial shows: "It Works!" I get the Server.app page/default/welcome....or whatever THAT is. Also, I don't need PAMP, MAMP, PEBCAC or anything but my plain old webpages served.

Help? ... Seems to me simply starting Apache should have worked.

Mac OS Server App for Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.