Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Question:

Question: macOS Mojave battery drain

Just updated my OS to Mojave this morning and brought my laptop to work. It was on full charge when I left home. 2hrs after using it, the battery percentage was down to 40% which never happened before during any of my regular use. Also, the texts on the screen are blurry.

MACBOOK AIR (13-INCH, 2017), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Sep 26, 2018 11:17 AM in response to hvbris In response to hvbris

My laptop's battery life has reduced from 8 hours to 3 hours after upgrading to Mojave. Apple needs to work on this issue as there is is also lot of lagging in my MacBook for the first time.

Apple should create a patch or someone please tell me how to downgrade back to High Sierra.

Sep 25, 2018 6:41 PM in response to hvbris In response to hvbris

I'm having the same issue here! Battery will drain while the computer sleeps. It drains about 5% for every hour. Also the battery meter (menu bar) is wild. Started at 41% when I read this post, was at 33% when I started typing this reply, now is at 36%. I have a Macbook 12" Retina Early-2016, did a software update from High Sierra. Please someone help! PS: I already did some coding via Terminal to kill the Wi-Fi signal used for Find My Mac, but it didn't help.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Sep 25, 2018 6:41 PM in response to hvbris In response to hvbris

I'm having the same issue here! Battery will drain while the computer sleeps. It drains about 5% for every hour. Also the battery meter (menu bar) is wild. Started at 41% when I read this post, was at 33% when I started typing this reply, now is at 36%. I have a Macbook 12" Retina Early-2016, did a software update from High Sierra. Please someone help! PS: I already did some coding via Terminal to kill the Wi-Fi signal used for Find My Mac, but it didn't help.

Sep 25, 2018 6:41 PM

Reply Helpful (8)

Sep 26, 2018 11:17 AM in response to hvbris In response to hvbris

My laptop's battery life has reduced from 8 hours to 3 hours after upgrading to Mojave. Apple needs to work on this issue as there is is also lot of lagging in my MacBook for the first time.

Apple should create a patch or someone please tell me how to downgrade back to High Sierra.

Sep 26, 2018 11:17 AM

Reply Helpful (13)

Sep 27, 2018 12:25 AM in response to hvbris In response to hvbris

I am from India, updated my MacBook Air yesterday which is 1 week old, Mojave was draining battery like smartphone from 2015, the battery died in 4 hours against 10 hours on High Sierra with similar usage. Used time machine and back to High Sierra, now its back to normal.

Sep 27, 2018 12:25 AM

Reply Helpful (4)

Sep 27, 2018 8:39 AM in response to hvbris In response to hvbris

I have same problem too. I am using early 2015 13" Retina MBP. Just installed Mojave yesterday, but I found that battery drained 10% in 30mins under new OS. That never happened the day before when I was still using Sierra (When I was using Sierra, a fully charged battery can be ran a whole day over 10hrs, but now I believe 6hrs will be the max for my MBP). Checked from system information, battery is healthy in normal condition, Cycle Count only 490.

What happened to the new OS? Any offical reply from Apple? Any solution to resume normal or can I switch back to Sierra?

Sep 27, 2018 8:39 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: hvbris

Question: macOS Mojave battery drain