Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Keyboard stopped working with Mojave

Hello,

My Magic Keyboard has stopped working on Bootcamp (Windows) after installing Mojave. Sometimes Windows doesn't even recognize Bluetooth driver, it looks like Apple needs to update Bootcamp drivers to this new version.

Anyone if same issue and was able to fix it?

Thanks

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 5:11 PM

18 replies

Sep 29, 2018 9:11 PM in response to Loner T

I also have this similar issue, and what I've done that temporarily fixes it is a PRAM reset. However, it goes away as soon as you boot back into Mojave. This is the case for the Magic Keyboard, as well as other bluetooth peripherals connected to the laptop.

For reference, I'm using a MacBook Pro 15" 2017, running Windows 10 LTSB.

I'm also looking for a more permanent solution, and I searched in the past threads and tried it out to no avail. In my case, I believe the problem comes from not being able to update the bluetooth driver. When looking in device manager, the bluetooth driver simply says "bluetooth radio", and does not update itself when I tried to install the Broadcom bluetooth file from the Boot Camp Windows support software. I also tried selecting the driver manually in the driver settings, but that did not work either.

Another thing to note is that I did not have this problem prior to updating to Mojave, it worked fine in High Sierra.

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2018 8:13 AM in response to CreativeUsername1

Windows thinks that you already have the latest driver and ignores what it considers to be an older driver. Connect a USB keyboard, so you have control of the Mac, uninstall the current BT driver, use pnputil.exe to remove it from the DrvStore, and not try to install BC driver.

W10 is notorious for using partial PID/VID matches to install drivers, which are not appropriate if a very specific driver is provided. How to stop Windows 7 automatically installing drivers also applies to W10. The Intel and AMD GPUs from Apple get butchered by Windows Update.

Bluetooth Keyboard stopped working with Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.