Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12 Text Select Problems

I upgraded to iOS 12 last week, and haven’t had any problems. However, the select text function has become very touchy in a variety of apps. Usually, when it acts up, it will either select one word, or all of the text, and nothing I can do will change it. It can get very frustrating as I didn’t experience this with the previous iOS.

Is there a new setting that I can check out, or is it a bug, or can anyone suggest something else?

Thanks…

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 10:00 AM

This problem is getting VERY frustrating! I really need to copy a lengthy URL, and it simply won’t work correctly! I tried to open it with a different browser, but it didn’t work. What does it take to get a reply from Apple about this? I’m clearly not the only user who’s encountered this glitch…

13 replies

Sep 28, 2018 1:57 PM in response to JohnnyCNote

Hope it helps. It’s been frustrating me for months.

Sometimes once you get it to select text, the copy function won’t pop up! In that scenario if I’m on a page where I’m attempting to do select all, I need to tap the empty space at the bottom of it. Or if it’s one paragraph, again I must tap the empty space at the end of the paragraph.

Nov 6, 2018 9:58 AM in response to JohnnyCNote

I have the same problem. It has been an issue with Wordpress ONLY, since the iOS update before last. (Two updates ago)

Yesterday, I did another iOS update, and now I have the SAME issue on certain other webpages when using my iPad.

I thought this was a problem with WordPress, and reported to them more than a month ago. No resolution on from Wordpress, since they are gung ho on releasing Gutenberg, much to the dismay of their users and subscribers.

But now that other web pages are exhibiting the same frustrating problem, I see that this is most likely an iOS issue.

This is a huge pain in the rear, and Apple needs to fix this ASAP.

Nov 22, 2018 11:26 AM in response to JohnnyCNote

VERY annoying, and frankly disgraceful that it hasn’t been fixed promptly.

I can sometimes select OK in this forum, but everywhere else it makes iPad work almost impossible. Even here, although I quickly made that word ‘can’ above bold, it then took me a couple of minutes to continue in normal font.

BTW, I note that once again my shortcuts don’t work here.

Terry, UK

iOS 12 Text Select Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.