Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is bluetooth icon on iphone

Up until a short time ago I had the Bluetooth icon showing up near the time on my iphone7. It helped to know if it was on or not. So if I don't need it I can see it's off, saving power.

Something has changed and now it is not showing up there.

Is there an option somewhere that turns off that tiny display?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 12:57 AM

Ah ok thanks.

It's a case of "oh **** they have taken away something that I found useful", but if that's how it is then no matter.

I'll just have to swipe up to check, rather than "just see it".

It was such a small icon and fitted there so easy. Makes little sense to remove it. But thanks.

9 replies

Nov 12, 2018 7:22 AM in response to simon_a6

I’m afraid I don’t agree with your passive response. I am wholly suspicious of everything these tech giants do as there is an ulterior motive. Bluetooth allows external monitoring of your device as it offers a ‘handshake’ with other devices now without us / you even knowing. Look at it in simple terms - that icon was affecting no-one or nothing yet they’ve invested time, money and energy into eradicating it without any consent, consultation or debate. Anyone who thinks Apple; Samsung; Google; Facebook or any of those other titans do anything for simplicity’s sake better wake up and smell the coffee cos the coffee is really, really, really strong....

Nov 3, 2018 1:54 PM in response to simon_a6

It always amazes me when companies remove a totally useful aspect and replace it with something completely useless.

At least give us the ability to customize what we feel is important.

Sure the BT symbol was small, and it's smaller on my old 5s but it could know at a GLANCE that my phone connected to the vehicle that I'm driving, whereas now I have to open up settings to verify it connected.

I've had a few cars where the BT didn't always connect even though it was on and previously paired.

The asinine location indicator is absolutely USELESS, and depending on many apps individual settings the arrow is on all the time.

Sep 26, 2018 12:54 AM in response to simon_a6

If you upgraded to iOS 12, the Bluetooth icon is no longer shown in the status bar of the screen.

You can still access Bluetooth using the control center or via the settings.

If you have connected bluetooth accessory, an icon might show up in the status bar, for example the headphone icon, if a Bluetooth headset is connected.

Learn the meaning of the iPhone status icons - iPhone User Guide

Where is bluetooth icon on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.