Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone international warranty in India

Hello,

Recently, I got to know that iPhones now having international warranty.

So if I purchase unlocked iPhone from USA, will I get warranty coverage in India ?

I read so many answers but didn't get clear answers.

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 11:53 PM

13 replies

Sep 27, 2018 9:16 AM in response to Maulikpat

Then you'll need to ask him how he did that.

There is no warranty, but maybe one of the Apple Authorized Service providers replaced the phone for some reason.

It's not something that should happen, or that generally is expected to happen. So you take your chances with the Service providers.

But again, this is outside any warranty. This would have had to bee a thing between your friend and the service provider entirely.

Sep 27, 2018 9:20 AM in response to Maulikpat

Maulikpat wrote:

Ok. Still I have seen my friend’s iPhone bill of Dubai and he got replaced in India. Purchased in August 2017 from Dubai and got replaced in March 2018 in India.

Not sure how !

He was incredibly LUCKY. If you need one more confirmation. iPhone is not now, nor has it EVER come with international warranty. While there was a rumor that Apple was quietly offering international warranty in India, Apple has NEVER updated their warranty (which is available for you or anyone else to download and read) online at any time.

So, you can spend your hard earned $$ however you see fit. Just don't come back here upset if you need service for a phone bought outside your country and you are denied service.

Buyer beware. Buyer be informed. Buyer make smart purchasing decisions.

iPhone international warranty in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.