Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wineskin (porting kit) not working Macos Mojave

So when downloading porting kit you can choose between macOS 8.0 and higher, which i obviously choose, assuming it would last forever and not have many problems with updating. So i tried the elder scrolls V aka skyrim, and i was great i played for about 5 days straight, until I updated my macbook, i tried a lot to hopefully fix it, and even tried all the fixes that worked with high sierra, nothing worked, it just won't open, it's not even trying, in console its clear to see it is quiting right after it started, i reinstalled the game 3 times and it still won't work. I obviously contacted the maker of porting kit, but is still seems weird, i never had problems with updating and the use of porting kit...

I read that a lot of people can't open steam all the other apps work just fine...

Is this just because porting kit is somehow not updated enough for Mojave? And what did Mojave do that things seem so messed up now?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 13 inch

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 11:02 PM

I obviously contacted the maker of porting kit, but is still seems weird, i never had problems with updating and the use of porting kit...

What did the developer say? therein lies the issue. Does not look like it is Mojave ready.

http://portingkit.com/smf/index.php?topic=1145.0

Similar questions

2 replies

Wineskin (porting kit) not working Macos Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.