Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Sharp Edges

I just received my Silver XS on Tuesday. Yesterday I noticed that the stainless steel band's edge is sharp where it meets the screen side of the phone. I thought it might be normal so I went to Best Buy and felt their display phones and they were MUCH smoother. It's very noticeable when I slide my thumb down the edge and will even shave my thumb nail. I think mine has a manufacturing defect but I don't know how many other people are affected. Has anybody else had this issue? Sorry about posting this in the X category but there is no XS one yet.

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 6:25 AM

We can't judge nor diagnose that problem remotely.

Since your device is brand new, have it checked ASAP at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. They will give you all the available options:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

iPhone XS Sharp Edges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.