Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Import Errors Since Mojave Upgrade

Since upgrading to Mojave my mac has been unable to import images from Google Glass in Photos and Image Capture. The error messages are: unsupported file type in Photos and for Image Capture: the operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9912.) (-9912).

I found images imported fine using another mac still running High Sierra. Has any import capability/support been dropped in Mojave? Many Thanks.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 10:05 AM

5 replies

Sep 28, 2018 1:02 PM in response to Woolnov

Hello Woolnov,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to import pictures from your Google Glass, as you get an error message, but you didn't have this issue before you updated to macOS Mojave. To help with this issue, please open and repair your library in the Photos app on your Mac. Then restart your Mac and try importing from your Google Glass again.

Repair your library in Photos on Mac - Apple Support
Transfer files to a computer - Google Glass Help

Cheers!

Dec 25, 2018 6:48 AM in response to Woolnov

Hello!

I have the very same issue/problem.

It works on an MacBook Air 2012 with High Sierra (but I think that the MBA is beside the point). It does *NOT* work on the users semi-new MacBook Air 2015 with Mojave. Both Image Capture and Photos shows the exact same error messages for me. A Canon Eos 350D (from 2005) is working correctly on Mojave, but I guess that it uses another protocol... Big disappointment.

So Sterling R is barking up the wrong tree by suggesting that we should repair the Photos Library. It will not solve the problem. Current version is Mojave 10.14.2 that is installed on the MacBook Air 2015 device.

USB Import Errors Since Mojave Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.