Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time - device list

Prior to upgrading to the iPhone XS Max, I had an iPad Pro and an iPhone X. Both devices were listed in the Screen Time device list, and only those devices. After restoring a backup of my iPhone X to my iPhone XS Max, I de-registered my iPhone X from iCloud. Now I have 2 devices (iPad Pro and iPhone XS Max). Well, screen time is now showing 3 devices (iPad Pro, my old iPhone X (listed as “Matt’s iPhone X”) and my new iPhone XS Max (listed only as “iPhone”, yet the actual name is “Matt’s iPhone XS Max”)).

Is there any way to remove the “old” iPhone X and to rename the device called “iPhone” to Matt’s iPhone XS Max within my screen time device list?

thanks!

matt

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 12:15 PM

5 replies

Sep 27, 2018 5:08 PM in response to askbarnabas

Thanks Welafever. Before I go down this route, I also have an Apple Watch, 2 Apple TV’s and 2 MacBook Pro’s. Do I have to sign out of iCloud on those devices too?

This seems like an extreme action to take, given that once I sign out of iCloud, all of my music and photos will be removed from the affected devices. I’ll have to download everything again.

There’s no other way to clean this up?

Matt

Screen time - device list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.