Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wahoo TICKRX band drops off on OS 5

I have used the Wahoo TICKRX heart rate monitor connected via bluetooth to the Apple watch Series 3 for 9 months. It has always worked reliably.

Upon updating to watchOS 5, the bluetooth connection will drop off after a few minutes. This happens even when the iPhone is not within reach (so no chance the iPhone is somehow stealing the band from the watch). It also happens with both TICKRX bands I have (both have the latest firmware).

It seems like watchOS 5 bluetooth is causing this issue.

Any similar connection unreliability issues people have experienc

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 6:41 AM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204218

10 replies

Sep 29, 2018 6:39 AM in response to askbarnabas

What you suggest only exists on the iPhone, not the Apple watch. I do not connect the band to the iPhone, only to the watch.

The TICKRX connects fine and reads my heart rate on the watch’s Activity app just fine. But the watch connection to the TICKRX drops off after a few minutes. If I go back to Settings>Bluetooth, I see it is ”not connected”, and if I connected again it will connect, only to drop off after a few minutes. It takes about 5-20 mins to drop off (I am on a stationary bike for 1 hour in the morning).

Wahoo TICKRX band drops off on OS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.