Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhotos Iphone Cloud and iMac

I have an iPhone 6s and a Mac. All latest software. I am using the icloud. I want to delete photos from my iPhone without their being deleted from my mac desktop. How can Ido this? Every time I delete a photos from my phone, it also deletes from my mac. I want to keep the photos on my mac. Must I save them in an additional or different place?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2018 5:57 PM

On the phone, in Settings/Your Name/iCloud, turn off photos syncing. When you want to transfer photos to the computer, attach the phone to the computer using USB, and open Photos to transfer your pictures. You can also transfer them using Image Capture. Once transferred, you can delete them from the phone.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2018 5:57 PM in response to cindyousey

On the phone, in Settings/Your Name/iCloud, turn off photos syncing. When you want to transfer photos to the computer, attach the phone to the computer using USB, and open Photos to transfer your pictures. You can also transfer them using Image Capture. Once transferred, you can delete them from the phone.

iPhotos Iphone Cloud and iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.