Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Freezing

Hello Apple community,

I have quite a strange issues with my X. So I got my phone 7 months ago and back than on iOS 11.2.1 was laggy, freezing, the vibrator motor was acting weird and etc and etc. Trough time some of the bugs appeared from time to time, but the most common thing was the freezing part where I had to restard my phone. It was strange! Even through summer it happen me quite often. On iOS 11.4 things were good, just sometimes, but now with iOS 12 all my issues were gone, including the vibrator acting weird. Like making crackling sounds like it is going to brake any moment. But in the last two weeks since iOS 12, my phone froze up again, twice. Yes, other issues are gone, but this still goes on sometimes. Works awesome, but what could the issues be? Thank you in advance!

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 2:26 PM

I would suggest doing a backup of your phone and restoring the iPhone using iTunes

use the articles to follow the steps in order.

If the issue persists the contact apple support.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2018 2:26 PM in response to Mawty16

I would suggest doing a backup of your phone and restoring the iPhone using iTunes

use the articles to follow the steps in order.

If the issue persists the contact apple support.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Sep 29, 2018 1:45 PM in response to Mawty16

Sorry that I havent told it in the first place, but I've done a reset with backup and no backup, even reinstalled the software through iTunes, but still happens. I even did a full reset on iOS 12. It just happens sometimes. Its unexpected. But my phone is a gift from Dbrand and I don't want to take it and exchange it or even make things worse, because here in Bulgaria the services arent very popular with doing very quality repairs... I also have a strange crackling sound when I press the screen harder on the left side of the screen. Could this be the problem? Thanks in advance!

iPhone X Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.